Please read the following and follow the steps in order to complete the requirements.
2. Concussion Training - Once you login to your GotSport account, you will be able to access the concussion training there.
You can also watch the video, take the test, and then print certificate from the link below. If you forget to print this certificate, you need to watch the video and take the test again. There is a lot of good information on this site including a one page form for coaches to keep with them to be able to quickly evaluate a player and also a paper to hand out to the parents if you believe a player may have a concussion.
3. You must complete the SafeSport training that is located in your profile that you set up in Step 1.
4. Beginning August 25, 2015, all adults 18 years and older applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child and having direct contact with children, must complete the below clearances:
5. An Affidavit of Compliance form must be reviewed, signed/dated, and uploaded to your coach profile in Gotsport. You can access it here.
6. If you have NOT been a CONTINUOUS resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years an FBI Criminal Background Check is required (Not Free). Go to:
-- or --
https://uenroll.identogo.com/ and Use Enter Code - 1KG6ZJ
Volunteers between the ages of 14-17 are NOT required to have clearances. Adults (18 and up) who only volunteer one time, are NOT required to have clearances.
Clearances must be uploaded into your GotSport profile
NLSC will pay for any required clearances as long as the volunteer is with the club for a minimum of one year.
Submit receipts to the Board for reimbursement. If the volunteer leaves the club early, they must reimburse the club for these clearances.
ALL adults (anyone age 18 and up having direct contact with children) are “mandatory reporters” and must report any suspected abuse. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
The clearances are good for 60 months. They are portable and may be used with other organizations. Please note that these clearances may not be used for employment purposes.